Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
Multi-skilled Maintenance Operator required for permanent position in Bournemouth
Your new company
You will be working for a local estate and letting agency who are committed to the local property market in the South East and have a strong reputation of integrity and honesty. As part of their commitment to maintaining a market leading professional service, they are members of the NAEA, ARLA and the Guild Association Scheme.
Your new role
You will be preparing residential properties for re-let to a good standard and to timescale as a quick turnaround is essential. In addition, you will be responsible for the ongoing building maintenance of over 250 properties within Bournemouth and surrounding areas. You should be able to work alone or as part of a team producing good quality workmanship and have the necessary skills to undertake whatever work is required from a re-decoration through to a complete refurbishment.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, roofs and shelves
- Attends vacating properties with the Property Manager and advises of a re-decoration time scale and confirms work required
- Redecorates properties to a good standard ensuring a quality of work is maintained
- Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors and light fixtures
- Identifies and performs repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts
- Attends out-of-hours calls providing a quick response and decision making to achieve a positive result
- Aware of the need to work within the maintenance budget, keeping spend to a minimum where possible and provide cost effective solutions when required
- Provides regular 'problem solving' solutions to maintenance work
- Supports development work by completing any final 'snagging', along with external decoration when required
- Builds and develops rapport with tenants offering a friendly and professional service
- Provides the Property Manager with timescales to assist when planning weekly maintenance board
- Attends tenant evictions working alongside court bailiffs to ensure a positive result is a achieved
- Works alongside Property Manager to organise and maintain all storage areas
- Supervise and mentor casual labour staff offering guidance and education
- Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be qualified in one of more trades, with experience across various different fields.
- Performs a variety of work in the internal and external maintenance of properties including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazing, and painting
- Provides a friendly, knowledgeable and professional approach to all tenants
- Responds to call-outs during and after regular work hours; maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary, dependant on your personal previous experience and qualifications, as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.