Assistant Product Manager
Assistant Product Manager
£18,000 - £22,000 Per Annum
Working within the product management department on all aspects of product management. Assisting with the research, evaluation and introduction of new technology products for inclusion into our existing product range.
Essential & Basic Duties:
- Working closely with all other product mangers on all aspects of product management and product life cycle management. Providing support to the product mangers both to assist in the introduction of new products and the management of in-life products.
- Assisting with the research, appraisal and evaluation of new products for introduction into the Company’s product portfolio in line with the company’s product strategy.
- Supporting product managers with the introduction of new products, checking their suitability and conformity with current regulations/legislation/approvals, their fir with customer and market requirements, liaising with suppliers/manufacturers at all stages to ensure products meet the correct criteria.
- Dealing with any tasks and duties as required by the Head of Global Product Management in an efficient and productive manner. Working closely with other product managers to ensure that such tasks are completed accurately and within acceptable timescales.
- Producing pricing proposals that are aligned to the companies pricing strategy products throughout their lifecycle whilst meeting market needs and ensuing profitability targets are met.
- Ensuring that all required legal standards and technology licenses are followed and kept up-to-date, such as CE RoHS & REACH.
- Assist in the production of documentation for both new and existing products, including product specifications, user manuals, web texts and marketing/design briefs.
- Assisting with the proof reading and creation of documents required for PR, company promotional advertising and website advertising.
- Ensuring that any work-related issues that may potentially cause harm or jeopardize the company in any way are brought to the immediate attention of senior management.
- To continually maintain the accuracy of all data entered and output from the company’s computer systems, and to ensure at all times the ISO9001 and professional manner and to maintain food inter-departmental relations at all times.
- To perform any other similar work-related duties within your range of competency at the discretion of the management to assist with the running of the business.
- To provide secondary support for the technical department during times of staff shortage such as sickness, holiday leave or at any other times as required.
- To provide product management support and advice for the sales, purchasing, marketing QC and warehouse departments, and at any other time as may be required.
Skills and Knowledge
- A good understanding of IT and AV equipment and technologies, knowledge of their hardware, current operating systems and accessories.
- The ability to quickly learn and understand new advances in computer and AV technologies and to be able to apply these advances into opportunities.
- Ability to communicate with staff and managers at all levels. Able to work on one’s own initiative and within a team environment.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.