HSEQ Advisor \ Manager - Civil Engineering Contractor
We are seeking an experienced HSEQ Advisor \ Manager to work for a reputable well known civil engineering contract that covers the North East of England with regional offices in the Tyne and Wear area.
The role will entail the implementation and maintenance of systems relating to: the companies Health and Safety; Quality and Environmental management policy governing their activities within the civil engineering and infrastructure sector.
The company operates UK and offers a varied of different services within the civil engineering and construction sector. Here in the North East their principle markets are focused around the Utilities sector undertaking Pipe sampling / enabling works, Major infrastructure maintenance work, Laying new mains and service pipes, Repair and maintenance and Lead service pipe replacement
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and control of company standards to ensure that there is sufficient information and guidance to facilitate achievement of organisational goals and objectives with appropriate risk identification and control.
- Preparing and delivering training and toolbox talks
- Member of the Management Team contributing to development of company objectives, strategies and policies as well as inputs into budgets and business plans.
- Management of safety, quality, environmental and employee development systems
- Liaison with statutory, regulatory, advisory and assessment bodies on safety, quality and other business standards.
- Assessing and disseminating the impact of new and existing health and safety, environmental, employment and other relevant legislation
- Representing the company with clients and other stakeholders
- 24hr availability and willingness to work in any location
- Employee representatives and employees
- Management team
- Clients’ managers and employees
- Statutory, regulatory, advisory and assessment bodies
- Training, development and employment bodies
Measures of Success:
- A corporate culture where safe and considerate behaviours are evident throughout
- Provision of systems to meet the needs of the business and comply with international standards and legislation
- The award, and continued successful assessment, of management system certificates
Key Competencies / Attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working for a Civil Engineering Contractor undertaking a similar HSEQ role
- Ideally a graduate but minimum NEBOSH Diploma
- Good IT skills (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Visio)
- Good standard of written and verbal English
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations and standards
The role offers a very competitive salary and benefits package for more information on the role please contact David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment