A large international organisation based in Woking are seeking a Buyer / Procurement Officer / Purchasing Executive to join their growing procurement function.
Reporting to the Procurement Category Manager, this Buyer / Purchasing role will play a key part in procuring on behalf of the organisation and committing expenditure externally with third parties.
The Buyer / Procurement Officer / Purchasing Executive will be responsible for analysing quotations and making recommendations in a competitive bidding process, as well as running the majority of as tender process from identifying business needs with key stakeholders through to award of contract.
Applicants for the Buyer position will need strong negotiation skills, experience within a medium to large sized procurement function dealing with mainly Indirect categories, as well as the confidence and drive to implement processes and liaise with people at all levels.
Salary - £30,000 - £36,000 + Benefits
Location - Woking
Key responsibilities of the Buyer / Procurement officer / Purchasing Executive
* Raising and processing Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes and Payment documents (to ready for payment stage), both offline and in the SAP system
* Analysing quotations and making recommendations in a competitive bidding process
* Maintaining supplier relationships and managing supplier performance on key contracts
* Proactively maintaining and growing both supplier and contracts databases, anticipating new and emerging business needs
* Driving best value for money practices in procurement, and tracking and reporting against Procurement savings targets
* Transforming data into statistical graphs and visuals which is user friendly, easy to understand and includes dashboard style reporting
* Comply with, and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards and best practices, including institutional donor funding requirements
* Support to internal customers using SAP Procurement
Key experience required for the position of Buyer / Procurement Officer / Purchasing Executive
* Knowledge and experience of working in an Indirect Procurement Function, developing, supporting, maintaining processes and systems
* Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to be an active listener
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is essential - demonstrable aptitude with Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups
* Demonstrable negotiation skills, and able to identify value drivers on different types of procurement
* Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of competitive bidding
* Experience working for an international company, including cross-cultural sensitivity, and to understand the implications of the international organisation in Procurement processes and results (D)
* Experience in using an ERP such as SAP would be an advantage (D)
* Additional languages would be an advantage (French or Spanish in particular) (D)
* Experience in operating a tender, linking into financial systems, effect management of a supply chain and an understanding of the impacts of sustainability in the procurement process (D)
* To be working towards achieving CIPS Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (D)
* Experience within Public Sector / Charitable organisations would be an advantage
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.