Treatment & Occupational Health Screening Nurse - Construction
We are one of the largest and expanding independent Occupational Health providers in the UK.
As the sole Occupational Health provider for some of the largest infrastructure projects in London, and due to recent expansion on a number of these contracts, we are looking for Treatment & Occupational Health Screening Nurses to join our London based team servicing our clients across the construction industry.
We have multiple roles available, both full and part time, working across a range of London locations.
Applicants will be registered nurses, ideally with A&E and other acute/practice experience, and will receive the necessary training to fulfil the Occupational Health aspects of the role.
The positions will require travel to our different client sites across the London region, providing a professional service in carrying out a range of duties as outlined below.
Individuals will be required to work in a multidisciplinary team providing Occupational Health screening, treatment and emergency response services across our client sites. The roles require an ability to assess and manage minor injury and illness, deliver health and wellbeing initiatives, and work with external organisations and other healthcare professionals.
Successful applicants will be an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive.
We are SEQOHS accredited supported by strong corporate values and a passion for excellent customer service. We are committed to training and developing our employees with a view to career progression within the Company.
Occupational Health Nurse | OH Nurse | Occupational Health | Nurse | OH | Health and Medical | A&E
Main duties of the role include:
To provide professional advice, support and guidance to the client and wider multidisciplinary team.
- To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health providing sound clinical advice and treatment
- To assess individual's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with Company policies and guidelines. Issuing appropriate fitness certificates to the line manager, client and file copy
- To provide clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation, undertake a wider range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training, updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes. In line with company policies and guidelines
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports and Data Protection Act
- To support the OH Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team
- To respond to Client/Manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- To provide competent treatment/referral of clients under company guidelines and PGDs
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice
- To provide clinical support and cover to all Peripatetic Occupational Health Clinics managed within the contract
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
- Prioritise and manage the clinical caseload generated by the various clients
- Be a registered nurse with NMC Part 1
- Have a solid educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Be able to evidence up to date professional knowledge
- Be able to prioritise and manage their time effectively
- Have the ability to work confidently and independently whist operating within a team framework
- Be able to demonstrate a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Demonstrate good IT literate
- Have experience within an A&E and/or an acute/practice area
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
It is desirable for nurses to have experience in the following areas, however, training can be provided:
- Skin assessments
- Fitness for work medicals
- Pre-placement questionnaires
Additional Salary Information: 25 Days Holiday, Heath Cash Plan, Perkbox.
We were established in 2002, and are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services.
Our services are comprehensive. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The information you have submitted will be held and used by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant subsequent legislation. This information will be held and processed for the purpose of recruitment and personnel administration, and statistical and business analysis. We will retain the information of unsuccessful applicants for no longer than is necessary taking into account current guidance.