National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016.
Our company have been recognised for our commitment to World Class Safety - receiving the British Safety Council's Sword of Honour for the second year running as well as achieving the Investors in People Silver Award 2015 - 2018.
Here at National Express we are proud to deliver the best quality customer service, safety, comfort and reliability as well as value for money to our passengers.
If joining the best in the industry is the next step on your professional agenda, now you have the opportunity to become one of us!
We have a fantastic opportunity for the Training Manager to join our Coach division, based at the key location near Heathrow Airport.
Successful candidate will take responsibility for the day to day management of the training team, across multiple locations around London. Reporting directly to Head of UK Operational Training, you will be required to attend regular meetings at our Head Quarters in Birmingham.
This role will be responsible for the effective delivery of training to National Express' PCV Drivers, support staff, trainers, engineers and operational managers. The Training Manager will be tasked with creating a training plan, which will be implemented and executed by the Training Department, to ensure the highest possible level of service is delivered to National Express' Owned Operations division.
- Internal and external stakeholders management
- Process improvement and development of new ideas
- Management and development of National Express Trainers
- Create and implement an annual training plan for Coach Drivers
- Ensure the CPC training is conducted in line with the current legislations and complies with the business requirements
- Conduct regular assessments within the Training department, in conjunction with the Global Standards
- Take part in direct training delivery to National Express employees when required
- Produce regular reports and analysis to be shared with the company key stakeholders
- Maintain the successful relationship with Operational Managers and working closely with other departments within the business
Requirements and qualification:
- Proven record of experience in people management within the training sector
- Ability to deliver training to National Express' standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Great work ethics and capability of adapt to challenging environments
- Relevant training qualification and industry knowledge
- Excellent coaching and people development skills
- Confidence and pro-active work ethos
- Positive and natural approach to problem solving
- Great time management, organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load
Due to the nature of our business we require a flexibility to travel and occasional stay away from home, therefore own vehicle and a Driver's Licence is required for the role.
If the above sounds like the next step in your professional career, please follow our simple, online application process to express your interest.