British luxury brand looking for an UK Range Planner & Merchandiser for their womenswear team in Central London
Your new company
This Brand has always been synonymous with British Heritage, style and elegance and it's considered one of the UK's most quintessentially British luxury labels, specialising in fine tailoring and accessories for both men and women, whilst continuing to uphold the values of quality, reliability and innovation first established over 100 years ago.
Your new role
To have competence of the collection range planning for womenswear as well as an affinity to the brand's heritage brand concept. To be available to visit factories in Italy and the occasional business visit to the Far East.
- Work with the Women's Designer, Production Team and Creative Director to identify and develop seasonal quality fabrics that commensurate with brand standing
- Be responsible for formulating and submitting the seasonal range
- planning timetable for approval
- Provide detailed analysis by product category and segment according to seasonal collection, keeping in mind the brand heritage. Range includes coats, jackets, skirts, trousers, blouses, knitwear, polos & associated furnishings.
- Analyse historical sell-through rates and evaluate market requests
- Responsible for planning process
Key AccountabilitiesPlanning Process:
- Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections: each collection will be divided into three stories each to have a separate planning and weighting to be formulated according to specific season and product category
- Clearly communicate agreed range planning to Product/Design team
- Control and monitor faithful implementation
- Control brand's house check and seasonal fabrics in terms of correct settings and true colouration
- Develop a close working relationship with Italian womenswear product team and check progress against agreed tasks and timetable of collection developments
- Allocate design packs with specs and sketches
- Development of fabrics trims and yarns with the relevant suppliers
- Labelling control, and monitoring of labels across all womenswear and various co- branding activities
- Close working with the UK Retail Manager on the selection of the fabric for the retail store
- Range planning, working closely with womenswear product sales and Licensing team to ensure collections are coordinated to meet the requirements of the market.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring of critical path.
- Coordinate the fabric sampling process and delivery schedule (including seasonal checks, house checks and exclusive fabrics).
- Follow through all gestation related to sketch packs.
- Attend fit meetings and communicate all fit comments to the team.
- Ensure price list and sales cards are available for merchandise meeting and sales period.
- Communicate additional requests from the sales department to relevant licensees.
- Inventory samples control.
- Work with press team to co-ordinate looks for the Look Book and advertising campaign.
- Present collections to buyers to assist sales.
Events: Fashion Show, Merchandise Meetings.
- Merchandise and set show room with the new collection.
- Coordinate the timing and delivery schedule for all samples relevant to the events.
- Organise space, props, models and visuals for all womenswear activities.
- Check in samples on receipt and examine quality.
- Work with menswear to achieve synergies with key fabric developments, label and brand portrayal.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Senior Assistant Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser ready for the next step.
Previous experience in the Womenswear sector is essential. Good knowledge of the Italian luxury fashion industry. Fluent Italian is an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.