Electrical Shift Leader / Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Shift Lead Engineer at one of our Client sites in Central London.
The Electrical Shift Leader will be responsible for delivering a combination of primarily electrical skill sets, and basic mechanical, water and building fabric planned, reactive and extra works within engineering across the site specialising in Electrical based disciplines. The engineering Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
This role is working continental shift pattern so will involve working 12 hours shift including Nights.
- Provide support and guidance to team members that do not understand information received. -
- Ensures that you have the appropriate skills, training and equipment to perform your role. -
- To support the activity of specialist service partners, delivering services on behalf of the company; ensuring all health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to. Including, but not limited to, ensuring adequate safe system of works are complied with, complete task specific risk assessments when required and carry out Point of Work risk assessments for all activities -
- Ensure all required personal protective equipment is utilised and worn at all appropriate times People -
- Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values -
- Delivers a customer experience in line with objectives and customer experience plans. -
- Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility - Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience Delivery -
- Accountable for all elements of SLA and KPI delivery -
- Perform all work to specification meeting the required standards. -
- Take full responsibility and ownership of all assigned tasks, carrying out skilled planned maintenance, repair and improvements. -
- Install new plant and equipment when required -
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant. -
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings. -
- Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas. -
- Communicate with the Engineering Departments when support is required to ensure all tasks can be achieved within prescribed requirements. -
- Identify extra work requirements and provide details of required material and labour estimate to enable client quotes to be issued -
- Demonstrate commercial awareness by identifying opportunities to reduce costs, travel and waste -
- Meets or exceeds operational and performance targets General -
- Deliver excellent customer service in this client facing role and ensure excellent client relationships are sustained -
- Adaptable to flexible working patterns, when required -
- Demonstrates a willingness to attend training courses in order to develop further and actively encourages the development of team members
Desired skills and experience:
Experience & ability to operate permit to work & work authorisation systems in line with client requirements.
Able & willing to work towards & achieve Authorised Person accreditation in field(s) of expertise is required
Operational knowledge & experience of Building Management Systems is also preferred.
Operational knowledge & experience of CFM systems is preferred.
Ability to manage teams, together with planned & reactive tasks to achieve contractual SLA's
Willing to work with site management team to drive individual performance of both yourself & others.
Willing to undertake & complete the appropriate 1 to 1 's.
Willing to complete people management activities such sickness return to work but not limited too.
Ability to complete & deliver the annual PDR - when required
Willing to undertake site based activities outside of normal hours when required & in agreement with site management team
Ability to understand financial budgets & discretionary spend