Graduate IT Support Engineer
Our client is a market leader in Technology Outsourcing for the Financial Services sector and provides outstanding IT & Network support to global financial institutions. They pride themselves on their dynamic, flexible and personable approach, as well as their capability to deliver innovative IT solutions and managed IT services using cutting-edge technology. Their clients include Banks, Asset Managers and Fund Managers with over $200B in funds secured within their Information Security Management. They have been awarded ISO accreditation and have recently opened offices in India.
Having recently secured funding to fuel further expansion they are now on looking to hire a further intake of Junior / Graduate level Support Engineers and IT Support Engineers.
The IT Support Engineers we are looking for will be graduates with at least a year of professional experience in a helpdesk or 1st line support role. You will be joining the team at 1st/2nd line Support, depending on experience, but will be given the opportunity to quickly progress should you demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and skill.
As the latest Network Support Engineers and IT Support Engineers your role will involve:
· Working as part of the service delivery team, focusing on delivering high first-time fix rates
· Logging and prioritising incidents using service desk processes and ensuring they have been assigned or escalated correctly
· Managing user expectations for user resolutions
· Using your technical expertise and diverse IT background to come up with creative and efficient fixes for more complicated issues
So, what are we looking for?
· A graduate with a 2.1 or above in a technical degree such as Business Information Systems or Computer Science
· Preferably some experience working on an ITIL service desk
· Someone with a comprehensive technical grounding and experience supporting Windows desktop, Blackberry, Remote Access Software and Printers
· Some experience with Citrix and Active Directory
· Any candidates with part or full completion of their professional certifications will be looked upon favourably - CCNA, MCSE, MCP, MCSA etc
· Ideally some experience in data centre cabling, racking and patching, and VMWare
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What else is on offer?
· Professional support - during your first few months you will come up with a training plan with your manager, including which professional certifications you wish to pursue
· Generous overtime and on call pay
· Company pension scheme
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Regular company outings
This is a brilliant opportunity for an IT graduate to further their career within a leading Technology business in London. You will be on a steep learning curve from day 1 and will be onsite with clients from an early stage.