Manufacturing Cost & Production Management Accountant
Our client is a leading European manufacturing business that has manufactured quality products for more than 40 years. They have ambitious growth plans based on solid foundation and a track record of innovation and quality and are currently expanding their production into new markets.
Subsequently they are looking to recruit an accounts professionaol with experience in the manufacturing sector. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Liaise with senior management, operational teams and the supply team to provide analysis of material usage and labour performance for the factory.
- Work with the Operations Director and Production Managers to identify issues, trends and potential alternatives to improve profitability, and provide support with the preparation of improved management information.
- Review weekly KPIs.
- Provide analysis of cost and manufacturing variances. Monitor and report on appropriate physical information, eg headcount, pool balance movement and sickness absence.
- Review stock analysis and investigate variances, making recommendations for cost reductions.
- Monitor inventory transactions and stock reconciliations, ensuring transactional accuracy.
- Liaise with the Technical Director and design teams to ensure all manufacturing projects are fully costed and any variances are investigated and resolved before production.
- Take ownership of the factory / production overheads and maintain the standard costing system.
- Assist with the month end accounts preparation, ensuring that all transactions occur to deliver a timely and accurate month end process for the operations area.
- Assist with the preparation of the standard cost budget for the year as well as regular forecasts.
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading business at an exciting time of growth and the role is open to part qualified / qualified by experience candidates as long as you have some exposure to the manufacturing sector. Interviews are ongoing so apply now.