Financial Controller - EMEA
The purpose of this role is to lead a best in class finance team supporting the European arm of this thriving global business. My client is a multi-national manufacturing and services organisation who are developing their European focussed team Basildon. The role will lead a team of part-qualified accountants, developing the team and the future finance talent for the business:
- lead the accounting team in the production of accurate, efficient and timely monthly reporting including variance analysis and commentary.
- Control the reporting process, ensure reporting is compliant and in line with reporting deadlines under both US and UK GAAP.
- Work with operational controllers to establish effective statutory, VAT and tax reporting processes.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with regulations and local and US GAAP.
- Deliver continuous improvement to the accounting shared service centre, implementing changes to teams and processes and recommend changes to the scope of services.
Successful candidates will be ACCA / ACA qualified with financial reporting experience and knowledge of European and US GAAP. It is important you have multi-national experience and prior experience of managing and motivating teams. Knowledge of VAT and a strong systems literacy including advanced Excel skills are essential. This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark managing a team during an important period of development.