Library Service Senior Manager, Project Innovation, Design and Delivery - Weybridge
£38,313 per annum hour for 36 hours per week based at Weybridge Library, Church Street, Weybridge KT13 8DE.
This position is for a 12 month fixed term contract / secondment to cover for maternity leave, with a start date in September/October 2017.
Based at Weybridge Library, you will also travel to other libraries and Surrey County Council buildings, as well as meeting with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners, at various locations as required.
This role is part of the Library Senior Management Team (LSMT). LSMT represent the county council at internal and external meetings with county councillors and other public bodies; and ensure the Library Service is the ‘front door’ to all that Surrey County Council does. Their overall objective is to lead the service to fulfil the council’s priorities and place Surrey Libraries at the heart of communities.
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
The Project, Innovation, Design & Delivery (PIDD) team are the innovation arm of the Library Service. The Senior Manager leads a team of five, with the capacity and specific skills required to deliver:
- Business planning - including research, and consultation with staff and customers
- Project management and evaluation
- Performance management
- Income generation, bid writing and funding applications
- New builds and refurbishments, and managing internal library design contracts
Recent projects have included installing 'self service' in the remaining libraries, and the refurbishment of Dittons Library. Projects within the term of this post will include a move to new buildings for Merstham Library (Autumn 2017) and Horley Library (Spring 2018).
As Senior Manager, PIDD, the main objectives of your role will be to:
- Lead the library service forward through innovation, and support change
- Drive the business planning process, with particular responsibility for horizon scanning, marketing and performance management
- Take a lead role in ongoing evaluation of the service, and making suggestions for improvement
- Design, deliver and evaluate projects, both large and small
- Performance monitoring, including evidence of impact and use of statistics
- Keep an eye on the funding and income generation landscape
To apply please submit your CV and personal statement clearly stating how you meet the requirements for this role. Within your personal statement, you should evidence:
- An informed understanding of the current public sector environment
- Knowledge of how library services are provided, and awareness of national library initiatives and developments
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to work with others to find practical and creative solutions to problems
- Significant practical experience of delivering quality, customer focussed services
- Practical experience leading multiple complex or high profile projects
- Knowledge and understanding of financial, procurement and budgetary control procedures
- Excellence as a communicator and organiser
For more information please find a full job description and person specification attached to the bottom of this advert. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 19 July 2017.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.