Are you good at problem solving?
Do you have good listening skills?
Previously worked on complex IT software systems?
Understand business analysis processes?
If you do, then we need to talk, we are searching for a number of talented IT Business Analysts for our new 'state of the art' purpose built development centre in the heart of Birmingham.
You will be responsible for working closely with the developers and QA teams to make sure that the requirements are delivered. The projects will deliver change and enhancements to our collateral and regulatory platforms.
As a Business Analyst, you will be expected to be fully proficient in the full project's lifecycle (waterfall and Agile) have experience of working in similar project teams, strong experience of working in an Agile environment and be committed to quality.
To be considered you should be very structured in the way you work, able to manage your own priorities and experience of working with global teams. Ideally with experience of working within financial services but you must have come from an IT technical background.
We are looking for you to have a true interest in technology with an obvious focus on continually building and sharing knowledge, with the ability to make the complex simple and be able to understand & explain issues from both a technical & business functional point of view.
This is an exciting time as we look to the future - you could be part of a growing organisation, dedicated to providing expertise to deliver market leading compliance solutions to clients in the Financial Services sector. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
This is a 'Big Job', are you up for the challenge? We will be asking you to:
- Analyse the requirements and fully document and write the solutions and specifications for the developers.
- Determine key assumptions by made by different parties in determining the requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Collateral and Regulatory products (we will help with training).
- Work on the prioritisation of each requirement and their constraints and/or dependency on other requirements.
- Determine which parties/products will be responsible for implementing and whom will be impacted by each requirement.
- Decide on whether each requirement will be manually or automatically (or both) implemented into the systems.
- Support the non-functional requirements and their importance to the functional requirements to meet the business objectives.
Business Analyst | Financial Services | Project Lifecycle | Analytics | Business Development | IT | Finance | Waterfall | Agile | IT Systems | SaaS | Cloud | Java | Oracle | Maven | Jenkins
- Good Computer Science degree or similar.
- Deep experience of business analysis within financial markets, or worked on complex IT systems.
- Experience with Agile development projects & scrum methodology.
- Has experience of end to end software lifecycle.
- Must have 5 years or more of demonstrated ability to analyse and develop changes in financial systems, or similar.
- Strong technical background of working closely with design and development teams.
- Experience in the development of SaaS & cloud-based applications.
- Excellent knowledge of collateral or regulatory reporting.
- Working knowledge of Java and Oracle.
- Experience or continuous integration tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience of automated testing frameworks.
25 days holiday, BUPA, Pension, Childcare Vouchers.
About Our Company:
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients,
We are headquartered in London and have offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Atlanta, Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
… And now we are in Birmingham.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, if you cycle to work then we have secure cycle bays with showers available, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.