Accounts Assistant required on a permanent basis
Your new company
Hays Accountancy & Finance are recruiting for a well-established company where there is a fantastic new opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will provide a high level of service in the delivery of the role. Due to the size of the team, the individual in this post will be involved in many areas of the Finance function with a variety of tasks and exciting challenges. Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Payroll, including Real Time Information and pensions.
- Expenses processing including month credit card expenses and Petty cash.
- External reporting, including VAT returns.
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Processing journals as required.
- Assisting with Purchase ledger and Sales ledger maintenance including credit control.
- Assist the Management Accountant with the production of management accounts as required.
- Communicating with internal and external customers, ensuring an optimal level of customer care, providing support to others within the department
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team.
- Planning, organising and prioritising workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Any other Ad Hoc finance duties required by the Finance Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have completed a minimum of AAT Level 2 and is looking for their next step in the profession. The individual would have basic accounting knowledge, someone who is driven and motivated with a high attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
For your commitment to the role you will receive a very competitive salary and a benefits package commensurate with the role, together with the opportunity to join and develop with a long established, successful organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.