Assistant Store Manager - Retail / Fashion - Guildford
Our client is offering an exciting opportunity to join their flagship store as a Retail Assistant Store Manager.
Candidates without previous retail experience will be considered as the Store Manager will offer retail training however applicants must possess previous customer service experience where they have dealt with the general public.
Working for a high end retail store, good listening skills are a key required attribute. The ability to engage with a variety of customers, be patient, understand the customer's needs and advise on suitable garments is essential.
The store is based across two floors and as one of the brands flagship stores, board members visit the store on a regular basis and figures are analysed on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Managing the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Sales, costs, customer service and staff management
- Supporting the Store Manager as required in administrative matters including rotas and reporting
- Understand the company's business objectives and brand values, and play an active part in delivering them
- Operating the till and accurately handling cash and card transactions
- Cashing up and banking accurately in accordance with finance procedures
- Running and implementing store merchandising guidelines
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to meet and exceed the store's targets
- Coach, support, motivate and develop junior members of the store team
- Deputise for the manager as required at company events
- Open and close the store at the appropriate time
- Ensure displays and the shop floor are clean and tidy at all times
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking stock to replenish the shop floor or stock room
- Be vigilant at all times to minimise stock loss or fraudulent transactions
- Offering assistance with product selection and recommending complementary products to assist with raising the transaction value
- Greeting all customers who visit the store
- Responding professionally to all enquiries whether in person, by telephone or email
- Responding to customer complaints in a professional manner, attempting to resolve the concern if possible or escalate to the store manager/head office if appropriate
- Maintaining a clean and smart appearance at all times by paying close attention to personal grooming/hygiene and wearing appropriate brand apparel
The store opening hours are Monday - Saturday, 9.00am - 6.00pm and Sunday's, 11.00am - 5.00pm. The candidate will work 5 days across each week. The rota is organised 4 weeks in advance and the Store Manager keeps the rota fairly flexible in order to ensure a fair shift pattern. Flexibility from the successful candidate is also essential as the store requires senior management presence at all times.
Salary is fully dependant on experience however will be offered between £16,500 - £18,000.
The store is based no further than a 10 minute walk from Guildford station. Parking is only available at a minimum cost of £8.00 per day although there are residential roads which offer free parking, these are based at least a 20 minute walk away from the store.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.