German Helpdesk Support
German Helpdesk Support
£25000 - £26500 plus 24 days holiday, pension, healthcare, parking
Required: 1st Line Support Engineer with fluent German. Great opportunity with good salary and prospects for the successful applicant.
A well established, successful, friendly business in Guildford that supplies and develops a bespoke software package for a niche UK and International market require an additional IT Support engineer in the German team. This is for an immediate start to cover someone in the team who is away for 3-6 months but is a permanent role due to increased contracts.
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist our customers with program support. This is mostly dealing with general queries on the day to day use of the program as well as technical queries in the following areas:
- the set-up and maintenance of the program
- interfaces to other programs that the customer may be using
Additionally the successful applicant will have to:
- create bespoke reports using the SQL database query language and Report Builder
- write and maintain bespoke XML jobs
- give demonstrations of the programs key features to potential customers
- demonstrate advanced features to existing customers
- attend trade shows and conferences
The successful applicant will be expected to interact with customers in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Customer contact will mostly be in the form of a telephone conversation or email but will sometimes require on-site visits which may be overseas to Germany to arrange installations, probably on average once a month 1-2 days.
- Experience of supporting software applications or products within a helpdesk environment is a must as is a first class telephone manner, customer service skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Whilst previous knowledge in SQL, XML and/or Report Builder would be advantageous, training in these areas, and in our systems, will be provided.
- Fluent German is necessary
Excellent written/verbal skills
- Exceptional communication & analytical skills
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgement
Starting salary up to £26500 depending on experience, 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Private Health Care Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme (after successful completion of probationary period), Start immediate.When applying; please make sure you include a contact email and telephone number, as well as your required salary, notice period and whether or not you have transport. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd is an established Recruitment Consultancy, Surrey-based, providing a full recruitment solution of temporary and permanent staff within the Surrey and Hampshire area, over 4 divisions:Accountancy & Finance; Sales & Marketing; Commercial & Office; IT & Executive. For more permanent, contract or temporary job opportunities in the Guildford, Farnham, Farnborough, Camberley, Weybridge, Woking, Staines and West Byfleet areas please check our website. You must reside in UK and be able to produce evidence of eligibility to work in UK. First 4 Personnel (& Temps) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to permanent roles.