aspire cambridge ltd are currently recruiting for an Underwriter to join an Insurance organisation based in Newmarket. They require candidates with a high level of customer service and who are able to work to set deadlines. Our client is open to candidates at different experience levels and will consider those both qualified and those interested in working towards a qualification.
• To uphold a high level of customer service to the third party brokers of the company at all times over the telephone, in person and also in writing.
• To organise and manage the mid-term, new, renewal and claims work when required
• To provide business reports when essential.
• Bring support to the director within the aspects of the business of underwriting, which is to include attending meetings when required.
• Keep files up to date and making sure all the work is tasked and diarised accordingly.
• Supporting the other office duties and responsibilities as and when required.
Skills and experience:
• Educated to GCSE Level with Maths and English at Grade C or above, A Levels are desirable.
• Cert CII or progress towards it / ACII
• Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft office packages
• 3 years experience within a commercial insurance environment
• Specific commercial underwriting experience including general liability business is advantageous.
• Experience of dealing with brokers.
Hours: Full Time
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Salary: Up to £35,000
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant skills and would like to apply please call our team on or apply online. Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven’t heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy. Our accredited recruitment consultants offer specialist marketplace expertise across our seven specialist recruitment divisions; engineering and manufacturing, finance and accountancy, hospitality, information technology, legal and hr, office support and sales and marketing. Our ever expanding network of client companies exceeds 2800 active organisations that we engage with on a regular basis. We have an unrivalled knowledge of the jobs marketplace so it’s no wonder that we hold an impressive track record of exceeding client and candidate expectations. How do we do it? By “placing people first”.