Exciting opportunity to develop your career in accountancy with a Large Chartered Accountancy firm offering AAT study support.
About The Role
You will be provided with full training to enable you to undertake the following duties:
- Preparation of statutory and annual accounts for clients either from Sage Line 50, Excel or manual records under the supervision of more senior members of the team.
- Preparation year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Preparation of financial statements, e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules.
About Our Client
- Top 10 Chartered Accountancy firm based in central Guilford.
- Full study support for AAT/ACCA provided.
- Easily accessible from the main line rails station and bus station.
- Social activities
- Career progression
The successful candidate will have a strong academic record and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong academics including GCSE Maths and English at B Grade or above and 260 UCAS points from A Levels - please note this is not a Graduate entry role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Experience of using a final statutory accounting package would be beneficial but not essential.
- Sage Line 50 - some experience of this package would be useful but not essential.
- AAT Studiers will be considered
Things you should know
- Full study support costs for AAT studies
- To apply for this role submit your CV with a full breakdown of your academics and a covering email explaining why you wish to become an accountant and what you understand working in an accountancy firm will entail.
Commutable from: Addlestone, Aldershot, Alton, Andover, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bournemouth, Bracknell, Camberley, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Dorking, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham, Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)