Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker
Salary: £18,501pa pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time (16hrs)
To Start: As soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative person to join our team in Dorset. We are looking to recruit for the role of Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker. As a Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker you are part of a team providing practical and emotional support to women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse.
You will be part of a team working across Dorset and will be mainly based within the North of Dorset, however, there may be times when you will be required to work across the county and attend meetings, supervisions etc at the head office within Dorchester. You will proactively "in-reach" support to people living in refuge and provide outreach support across their allocated area to people living in social, private, temporary or owner occupier accommodation. You will also be involved in assessments, drop ins, campaigns, awareness raising events and group work.
You need to be a highly motivated and innovative person who is able to develop effective professional partnerships with other external agencies. It will be essential that you can remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency, and that you take a person-centred approach in all you do.
Our clients have asked for someone who is warm and approachable, and who has good listening and communication skills and can confidently offer them appropriate support and advice. The ideal Domestic and Abuse Worker will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as good organisation practices to ensure all support paperwork, and risk assessments are completed.
Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work is essential for this post.
• Experience of working with female and male victims of domestic abuse
• Experience of risk management, needs led assessment and support planning
• Knowledge of homelessness legislation and welfare benefits/welfare reform
• Experience of working effectively in partnership with others
• The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and clients which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
• A full driving licence with a vehicle available for work purposes
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible; please click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us, ensuring that you include your name, email address and a contact telephone number. You will then be contacted by the recruiting manager who will talk to you about the position and ask a few key questions to make sure that this is the right role for you.
Assessments and interviews are planned for the 27th and 28th July 2017. We will try to work with you to agree a suitable date but please be prepared to keep these dates free until a date and time is confirmed. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants so don’t delay, apply today!