President - Operations
President - Operations
Location: Peterlee, Durham
£90,000 - £105,000/annum
Bristol Laboratories Ltd is one of the leading and fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in the United Kingdom engaged in the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of generic medicines, as well as formulation brands. We have state-of-the art manufacturing facilities in Luton & Peterlee.
As a result of continued growth and expansion, we have an excellent opportunity to appoint President -Operations with expertise in quality systems and lead the team at the new manufacturing facility in Peterlee.
Primary Job Objective:
The primary job objective for the President of Operations is to lead safe and regulatory compliant operations of the plant to ensure maximum production, high quality and profitability directly by supervising Production Managers, Lab Managers, Maintenance Manager, Safety Manager and Operators while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each necessary duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- The President of Operations must ensure that all plant objectives are accomplished by communicating and reviewing plant objectives regularly with all managers.
- Develop monitoring metrics such as production, yield, energy efficiencies, labour utilization, financial results, chemical usage, etc.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training plant employees. Conduct employee reviews, ensuring that all personnel are adequately trained, equipped and motivated as to accomplish all plant objectives, along with enforcing the safety program.
- Assist in developing an Annual Budget along with a Capital budget for plant improvements and equipment and report financial results to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that all GMP regulations are met at all times.
- Work with Managers to ensure that all projects are performed in a timely manner and used to improve the efficiency and operation of the plant.
- Ensure consistent communication is maintained with the energy providers regarding anticipated energy needs, and plan downtimes.
- The President of Operations will seek out continuous improvement opportunities providing input and recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of the production process and technology preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Knowledgeable in Safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance
- Bachelor's degree in science fields
- 20 year's experience in the operations of a pharmaceutical plant
- Experience in management and/or supervisory experience required
This is a fantastic development opportunity for someone seeking the next step in their management career in a high profile environment. This role will interact with all levels within the business across UK & Europe.
The working hours are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am until 5.30pm
The last date for application of this vacancy is 3rd August 2017.