Trainee Engineering Administrator
This position would ideally suit a applicant who has an Engineering qualification and intermediate / advanced Microsoft IT skills. Someone who is looking for training and career progression.
- To take a leading role in the maintenance and operation engineering computerised maintenance management system (CMS) using SAP.
- To be responsible for following the correct SAP procedures for ordering and receipting of goods for the Engineering Production
- To be responsible for updating of maintenance inspection records/spread sheets/documentation
- To be responsible for maintaining engineering critical spares
- To be responsible for collating third party contractors documentation
- Working with other members of staff to ensure that engineering clerical activities (RISK ASSESSMENTS) are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Supervision of contractor activities ensuring compliance to Health & Safety Regulations.
- Assist with budgetary control of the engineering department
- To provide SAP administration function for CMS keeping the system up to date with changes and maintenance routines.
- To provide SAP administration function for Engineering including placing orders, goods receipting and resolving purchase order reconciliation issues.
- Monitor monthly spends in engineering department providing weekly report to management team.
- Preparation of pre-shut down budget and timely ordering of all required materials. Submission of a post shut down cost.
- Carry out inductions for engineering contractors and visitors.
- Maintenance contractor supervision/primary contact
- Preparation of engineering site Health & Safety permits
- Administration & document control of CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure weekly testing & recording of the FIRE ALARM SYSTEM is implemented
- Carry out monthly OFF LOAD GENERATOR TEST & document test
- To perform NDT inspections (Dye Penetrant Inspections)
- Qualification(s) in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- Strong administration & IT skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of SAP CMMS
- Ability to read engineering drawings
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.