Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering
We have opportunities for Quantity Surveyors ranging from Assistant Quantity Surveyor up to Senior Quantity Surveyor based in the North East of England to work for a well-established civils & infrastructure contractor. The organisation is a major player in the North East for all things civils however we are specifically seeking a Surveyors to oversee their large housing plot works and groundworks housing division.
The organisation undertakes projects from £200k up to £5 Million in value delivering civils elements including but not restricted to plot works, drainage, foundations, roads, mains sewers hard and soft landscaping up to DPC level. They work for a large proportion of the UK’s main house builders including the likes of Bellway, Taylor Woodrow.
• Preparing bills of quantities from drawings and specification to enable
the estimator to price
• Commercial management of a number of live schemes (site
measurement, bonus calculations, subcontract procurement,
valuations, internal reporting etc)
• Agreement of final accounts
• It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all
tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may
therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the
character or level of responsibility
• The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and
Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to
contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all
• To take a full role in the implementation of personal development
through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or
• To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace,
to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum of a relevant HND or equivalent
• Experience of working on civil engineering contracts, preferably roads
and sewers / plotworks for private house builders
The role offers a very competitive salary and benefits including car or allowance, bonus, pension, fuel card (Business & Private mileage). For more information on the role please call David Fletcher of CDM Recruitment (agy).