Senior account handler - jobs board
Brighton-based online publisher seeks a senior account handler to help manage the jobs board on its high-profile and market-leading news and recruitment site for journalists, Journalism.co.uk.
The role will suit a bright, web-literate and motivated graduate (ideally) with proven account handling experience and the following skills (in no particular order):
• Outstanding communication skills - written (grammar, punctuation, spelling) and verbal.
• Can-do attitude, willingness to learn and able to offer excellent customer service.
• Confidence - as at ease speaking to receptionists as with senior HR managers and editors (so not intimidated by status), face to face and over the telephone.
• Strong negotiator.
• Ability to upsell at every opportunity.
• Good presentation skills.
• Used to meeting outgoing call quota targets.
• Excellent administrative skills including basic spreadsheet skills and competence in using CRM (customer relationship management) software.
• Tenacious attitude to finding and closing deals.
• Good online research skills.
• Background in recruitment or jobs board account handling.
• A proven track record of growing key accounts.
• Knowledge of how to market via social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and what constitutes best practice for promotional tweets and email.
• A sound knowledge of web metrics and how to use tools such as Google Analytics to gain intelligence on site usage.
• Proven project management skills.
• A basic knowledge of SEO (search engine optimisation).
• Advanced spreadsheet skills.
• An understanding of the different roles in the news publishing industry.
• Basic html skills.
• Basic digital photo editing skills.
All our sales need to be informed ones, so you will be expected to regularly monitor media news and work closely with our news team to develop a strong understanding of the industry we report on.
The successful candidate will be expected to both grow our existing UK market share and develop new markets such as in the US and elsewhere.
They will also, on occasion, be expected to sell on and administer other portfolios to cover for colleagues in their absence.
In return we offer the chance to work with a lively and dynamic team and a good basic salary plus generous commission and a pension scheme. Prospects for the right candidate are excellent and basic salary will rise rapidly for successful performers.
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you feel you are right for the role.