Senior Finance Analyst
An exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing, innovative speciality finance company, this is a role ideally suited to a candidate looking to work and develop in a dynamic, "hands-on", environment with involvement in many different areas of Group reporting, financial planning and analysis. It also provides the opportunity to engage with multiple stakeholders across Finance and the business, including executive management.
- Month end close of Risk Adjusted income (RAI) P&L on a monthly basis.
- Closing Balance Sheet on a monthly basis including full oversight and responsibility of Securitisation vehicles and other intercompany entities.
- Provide meaningful insight and analysis managers for both RAI P&L and Balance sheet performance.
- Ensure new Change initiatives such as product launches are interfaced into the GL correctly to allow Management Reporting.
Overseeing over Risk and Control activity for the Commercial Finance team.
- Month end Reporting:
- Co-ordinate and manage the close of the RAI P&L. This includes review of all month end journals from Specialist management accountants and processing individual journals.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are IFRS compliant working in conjunction with the Financial Reporting team, i.e. EIR accounting, recovery asset treatment, IFRS9 implementation.
- Ensure all new corporate structure entities are correctly accounted for in particular recognition of high yield bond (HYB) interest.
- Ensure all the securitisation vehicles are correctly accounted for including reconciliation of waterfall payments made by the Securitisation team, resultant intercompany postings and booking of the final interest accrual at the end of the month.
- Organisation and chair of all month end meetings including pre-month end hot topics Impairment forums, and month end sign off meeting.
- Closing balance sheet:
Coordinating close of balance sheet postings, completion & consolidation of reconciliations across the whole Finance team and preparing and presenting the monthly balance sheet analytical review.
- Provide meaningful insight
Prepare insightful and clear commentary to ensure the key messages are clearly articulated to senior management and government committees. Key analysis formed is around Impairment performance (bad debt provision and recovery asset) and balance sheet movements.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- At least a 2.1 degree or equivalent
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and concise fashion
- Some experience in a group reporting or financial analyst role
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly excel
- Experience preferably within financial services
- Familiarity with IFRS is preferred
- An accounting qualification
- Senior FP&A team
- Finance change team
- Treasury team
- Business Intelligence
- Securitisation team
- Credit Risk team
- Collections team