Property Maintenance Apprenticeship / Maintenance Trainee
Job Title: Property Maintenance Apprenticeship
Location: Croydon area
Salary: £150 per week during the first year of apprenticeship
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm with day release each week at East Surrey College
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
The organisation is a charitable Housing Association formed in 1981, specialising in providing supported housing to older people in Croydon, with a passion for providing good quality and affordable services, including housing, care and support.
They are offering an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join their facilities management team, working under the guidance and supervision of their experienced staff team to learn all aspects of property maintenance. The apprenticeship is a 2 year programme and will include day release once a week at East Surrey College. Successful completion of the apprenticeship may lead to a permanent job within our facilities management team.
Property Maintenance Apprentice:
The post holder will work under the guidance and support of the Facilities Management team and will take a proactive role in ensuring that the building facilities are maintained to specific standards and within the Associations policies and procedures.
Duties will involve:
- Undertake routine building and site maintenance work.
- Day to day caretaking duties to ensure grounds are maintained to high standard.
- Assist with planning and organisation of planned maintenance programmes.
- Liaise with other facilities staff and contractors as required.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained.
- Monitor standards of cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- Carry out necessary compliance checks and produce relevant report as required.
- To comply with Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- To represent the Association and its services ensuring the Association's professional reputation is maintained and enhanced.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, minimum Grade D.
- An enthusiastic, willing and can do approach.
- Must be flexible and be reliable.
- Good practical skills with a common sense approach.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Personable with a caring personality.
- Supportive of charitable and caring organisations, aims, and values.
- To meet the needs of the business you will need to live within commutable distance of the Croydon area.
- Some practical maintenance experience
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
All job offers will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Trainee Property Maintenance Assistant, Junior Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Handyman, Handywoman, Property Installations, Property Refurbishment, Plumber, Painter, Decorator, Electrical Maintenance, Builder, General Builder, Installations, Pipe Repairs, Kitchen Maintenance, Bathroom Maintenance, Kitchen Repairs, Bathroom Repairs, Electrical Services, Builder, Property Maintenance will also be considered for this role.