A Site Manager is required by this progressive construction company who operate throughout the South East. Plans are already in place to expand their operations in the next few years.
Duties will include:
- Day to day supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, subcontractors, plant and materials
- Build and maintain good relations with staff, clients and subcontractors
- Work to Construction Programmes ensuring production targets are achieved, whilst maintaining safety and quality, whilst effectively finding solutions to any issues that may cause delays
- Coordinate and lead site meetings with relevant team members, departments and clients
- Maintain strict quality control procedures and conduct regular site safety checks
- Ensure all materials and machinery, including those of subcontractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications
- Ensure projects run within budget
- Comply with health & safety and ensure all relevant documentation is signed off as required
- Risk Management (identifying, eliminating, minimising)
- Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork
- Understanding of contractual requirements
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Construction related HNC or equivalent experience
- Strong construction background ideally within housing, education, healthcare and commercial with a proven track record of delivering high quality projects
- Capable of running projects valued between £1m-£12m
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team leader
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Driving licence with own car
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.