Inventory and Procurement Manager
Job Title: Purchasing and Stock Manager
Job Ref: J028971
Location: Outskirts of Hull (accessible from Doncaster, York, Hull and surrounding areas)
Salary: Up to £30,000
A well established and flourishing business based on the outskirts of Hull are currently looking for an excellent purchasing candidate to join their team. This is a varied role with responsibility for inventory, purchasing, supplier liaison as well as day to day processes and raising purchase orders. The successful candidate will therefore be a proficient Buyer with strong relationship building skills but will be equally adept at stock management and analysis of trends for the purposes of stock ordering.
Managing some direct reports within a relatively small team, this role will be fairly autonomous and will require someone with the gravitas to deal with supplier contacts at all levels and will be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Some day to day duties will include:
• Working to achieve the best deal from each supplier
• Building strong and lasting long term relationships with all suppliers
• Carrying out supplier reviews
• Managing stock levels to ensure optimum levels of stock at all times
• Analysing seasonal trends
• Working to reduce over-stocking whilst ensuring orders can be met promptly and efficiently
• Raising purchase orders and reviewing sales
• Reporting on sales of new lines
• Identifying and resolving issues within the supply chain
• Liaising closely with the product team
The right person for this role will be looking to build a long term career. You will be outgoing, with excellent interpersonal skills and will have a proven background in a purchasing/buyer role. You will have demonstrable experience managing stock/inventory management and will have a keen understanding of how to ensure the optimum levels of stock, whilst also getting the most effective deal from all suppliers.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week, please assume you have not been short listed.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Charterhouse Recruitment (Yorkshire) Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments and an Employment Business for temporary assignments.