Buyer (Food FMCG) Near Reigate Surrey To 35k
- Buyer (Food) FMCG £30-35,000 per annum - Near Reigate Surrey (Degree required)
- Company pension, healthcare and life cover
- 23 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus
This is an opportunity for a bright and driven individual to join a leading award winning, independently owned Food Business With an international supply base in many overseas countries
The Buyer will be working in a small team and be responsible for undertaking all activities relating to sourcing individual products. You will take a pro-active role in the company and will at times be expected to support the sales team in their commercial negotiations with the customer base.
Responsibilities to include:
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with all existing and new suppliers.
- Liaise with key suppliers to keep up with their latest products.
- Maintain expert knowledge of assigned product groups including industry trends, economic factors, supply chain security issues and key suppliers for each product group.
- Assist with sourcing and the tender submissions for customers.
- Manage product supply to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Support Sales, Technical, Supply Chain and suppliers regarding New Product Development.
- Collaborate with the Technical Team on supplier quality issues and quality monitoring to include resolving problems at supplier sites.
- Research the market and/or new markets as required in order to extend and improve the company’s product ranges.
Qualifications & Competencies
- 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree (Industrial year desirable)
- Second language useful preferably Spanish or French
- Confident with strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Analytically and process minded.
- Exceptional negotiation techniques.
- Strong commercial and financial management skills.
- Highly motivated and project-driven.
- Within local commute to area near Reigate
- "Can do" attitude
- Dynamic and determined with a passion for what they do
- Result driven
- Interest in FMCGs and the food industry
The opportunity for progression most certainly exists for ambitious and tenacious individuals who possess a desire to succeed. My client invests heavily in the personal development and growth of the individual through internal & external training.
A typical day would include developing/maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers.
Managing product supply to meet business needs and monitoring stock levels.
Working with the Technical team on supplier quality issues.
The role will involve the whole of the buying process from new suppliers, to buying and shipping the whole process.
Looking for a buyer from a grocery background - FMCG.
Looking for someone from a good University with a 2.1 degree with ideally an industrial year spent within a buying team.
Three people in the team and looking to expand to more.