SEN Lead Practitioner
SEN Lead Practitioner. New position. Brighton SEN College. Middle Management. Excellent pay. Perm. Full-time
We are working with a School and College in Brighton who is looking to appoint a Lead Practitioner ( Teaching ) to work at our FE College in Brighton and our School in Seaford.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the art and science of teaching and learning in a SEN setting. Age and experience are much less important than passion, commitment and evidence of outstanding practice in your current setting.
This an exciting new post and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the role and influence the education and life chances of our children and young adults , many of whom have complex needs.
You will work alongside our existing teachers and managers but you will have an exclusive focus on the art and science of teaching and learning in our classrooms and workshops.
You are likely to have some post-graduate experience and commitment to research into pedagogy. The school is firmly committed to parity of esteem between vocational and academic learning . You will lead by example and teach your own subject or vocational area for 40% of the week.
The rest of your time will be spent supporting our existing , and excellent , teachers to develop their skill sets further and to promote a positive culture of shared learning and research
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and model outstanding lessons
- As a member of the Middle Management Team contribute to the strategic and operational leadership and management of teaching and learning
- As a member of the Middle Management Team, inspire by example, mentor and coach teachers, lecturers, and support staff, to ensure that every learner achieves to their potential
- Disseminate examples of best practice in teaching and learning from national evidence and share good practice across St. John's
- Ensure that Maths, English and ICT are effectively embedded across the curriculum
- Develop, monitor and analyse achievement data
- Responsible for the organisation's teaching and learning policy
- Support and challenge staff teaching on the Involve programme and those engaged in incidental teaching and learning
- Support and monitor the quality of any teaching that is measured against RARPA (Recognising & Recording Progress & Achievement) to ensure that a high standard is maintained
- Maintain detailed records and communicate management information in a timely manner
- Maintain effective dialogue and relationships with professional teams (internal and external)