Client Services Director - Maternity Cover (12 Months)
- Leading provider of key Professional Apprenticeships in the finance, law and business sectors.
- Have an opening for a Client Services Director who will be responsible for creating and delivering a premier service to the company's largest and most strategic clients, always with an aim in growing and shaping new revenue.
- Individuals with a very strategic, directorial background are encouraged to apply. It is essential that you can demonstrate the overseeing of financial turnover of over £30,000,000 in business within the skills sector as well as large scale operational/man-management experience on a national level.
Salary: £85000 - £90000 per annum
Contract: 12 Months Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Parkhouse Bell is delighted to be working with one of the country's leading provider of Finance and Law based apprenticeships in the professional sectors.
Working on a 12 months' fixed term maternity contract, our client has a requirement for a Client Services Director who will take lead in the operational management and growth of the Professional Apprenticeships Team, equating to over £30,000,000 worth of business and head count of over 70 individuals.
The Client Services Director is responsible for creating and delivering a premier service to all clients. This role has a significant focus on the company's largest and most strategic clients, for both protecting and growing existing and new revenue. The key to success is in our ability to combine first class service and administration with significant growth in the level and breadth of relationships within the clients. This will lead to longer contracts and significant growth opportunities.
Overall Responsibilities include (but are not limited to:)
Create value in the way we manage our customers focusing on product differentiation and how we derive value from other areas outside of the product including the way customers can buy, the consultation process, service wrap and relationships. Manage the service delivery model deployed into all clients.
- Acting as a lead in providing an integrated approach across the business, ensuring that client needs are communicated effectively to all internal resources
- Creating a great place for people to work that is the desired place to work for all the best client management people in the industry
- Manage the financial budget and hiring plans for the Client Management Team
- Acquire, develop and retain talent; demonstrate a track record of developing services leadership
- Provide strong & relevant account management, programme management and coaching
- Manage tracking and reporting of performance to ensure team accountability and quality of deliverables
- Be a strong advocate of the company philosophy
Client Services & Apprenticeship Operations
- Deliver on boarding of new contracts to time and budget
- Drive client service excellence through the entire Client Services team and apprenticeship operational functions
- Effectively address client satisfaction, renewal and escalation issues until resolved.
- To obtain client feedback and drive increases in client satisfaction and engagement
- To manage tracking and reporting of performance to ensure team accountability and quality of service
- Ensure the full end to end delivery model from recruitment, on boarding, service and funding administration is seamless in terms of hand offs, communicated across the business and is kept up to date for market changes and ESFA influences
- Responsibility for client independent review process
Account and Programme Management
- Own the best practice for an industry leading Programme Management service
- Lead teams to develop client specific strategies and associated tactics to drive client value
- Support the Client Account Teams in the delivery of their objectives
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ business objectives and challenges and drive high-level strategic plans and objectives
- Maximise revenue from each client and ensure clients are retained
- Identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the current client base and bring new business opportunities to the business and work towards an extended external network within the client
- Ensuring that the team is continually developing its expert knowledge (apprenticeships, product, client, market, service)
- Manage the forecast process for all clients
- Oversee client tender process and support the team in their preparation for client tender
- Manage supplier management and subcontracting delivery
The correct Client Services Director has successfully led a client focussed team to achieving high client satisfaction demonstrable through client surveys and feedback, and has been in customer-facing roles (e.g. customer service, account management, consulting, service industry, etc.). This person will also have extensive client services experience, and meet most or all of the following requirements:
- Significant professional apprenticeships or training industry experience
- Managed client contracts from implementation to delivery values of C5-10mil
- Proven senior level of relationship building
- Strong leadership experience managing a team of 50+ people; hands-on management & coaching
- Track record of developing services and/or programme management leadership
- Show true passion about servicing our clients on a daily basis
- A strong focus on results, continuous improvement and innovation
- Real commercial orientation and strong strategic awareness
- Supply chain/Supplier Management experience
- Proven project management experience, ideally qualified in Prince 2 or a similar qualification
- Experience of negotiating contracts
- P&L Management
- Exceptional client management and communication skills
- Proven people and team management experience