Reconciliation Accounts Assistant
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant/ Reconciliation Clerk based within a services firm.
Reporting to the Finance Operations Team Leader and working as part of the financial operations team the Assistant Accountant will ensure that controls that underpin the financial transaction processing within the Finance department and company are effective. This role will control incoming cash flows in excess of £230m and outflows of over £150m per annum.
Responsibilities will include:
- Controlling the purchase, sales, cash management and general ledgers on our 3 companies; including balance sheet reconciliations
- Daily treasury management to ensure optimal cash management
- Undertaking reconciliations between our Sage accounting system and other systems such as banks
- Working with the Finance Manager ensuring that the monthly reporting cycle is met with journals prepared in good time
- Provide analytical reports as required
- Supporting ongoing systems development
- Maintain excellent records to facilitate external and internal audits.
The successful candidate will possess strong technical accounting and systems skills. For example, an ability to undertake reconciliations and work with spreadsheets. The candidate is likely to be studying towards becoming a qualified Accountant and have a plan as how this will be achieved. It is essential that the candidate has a sound understanding of internal financial controls and a strong awareness of financial risk.