Senior Data Scientist - Paddington - £Neg - Perm + Benefits
Lead Data Scientist - London - £Neg - Benefits:25 days holiday, Contributory pension, Life insurance, Permanent health insurance, Good coffee in a light airy office with views over London
Are you an experienced data scientist interested in joining a growing startup based near Paddington?
If successful, you will be working with a team of data scientists, developers and other specialists to integrate and deploy the product, ensure that features get developed safely, tested thoroughly, deployed quickly and run smoothly.
The Product: A broad and complex SaaS platform to deliver patented machine learning and analytics techniques at scale, and deliver the benefits of this augmented data back to both utilities and their customers through API’s or web applications.
- Scientifically sophisticated and technically capable AI scientist, ideally an expert in Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- A Machine Learning expert with commercial experience in statistical and predictive analytics models specific to AI, evidenced by delivered commercial products
- A broad knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms and the ability to choose the most suitable one for the job or combine several in innovative ways to maximize the outcome (we're not looking for, say, a Bayesian Networks specialist who doesn't understand any other methods)
- Demonstrated statistical and machine learning experience, academic or commercial, and knowledge of major data science tools and frameworks.
- Proven ability to apply scientific method: understand the problem, hypothesise an appropriate solution, prove an approach.
- Strong coding skills in at least one major language. Python is essential, and knowledge of other languages is optional but valuable (e.g. MATLAB/R/Java/C++).
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with unconventional, never-before-tried solutions to problems, whilst recognising the value of simple, pragmatic or heuristic approaches.
- Experience with TensorFlow and Deep Learning a plus
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be capable of functioning independently and as part of a team.
- You must also have the ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment with frequently conflicting priorities.
- Thorough and accurate with good attention to detail.
- A self-starter, able to prioritise tasks and manage own time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Track record of success within world class data science teams
- Educated in a quantitative discipline, ideally AI or Machine Learning
- A proven track record of delivering innovative data science products, which have delivered real commercial value to external clients
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences, at all levels and in all mediums from email to written and oral presentations
- Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities
- A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- You must be resident in the UK and have a full valid UK work permit.
TSD Specialists Ltd. are an I.T. Recruitment Consultancy acting on behalf of our client.