Our client, a City based FX Brokerage are looking to recruit a Project Manager to deliver, on time and budget, software development projects.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Project Manager will work closely with stakeholders throughout the business and key roles in the Technology team including Business Analysts, Senior Developers and offshore PMs. On occasion, there may be a need to work with PMs from 3rd-party companies. The Project Manager will ensure that the scope and deliverable of the projects are fully documented, the budget and Executive sponsorship are agreed, the schedule for the delivery of the technical components is achievable and appropriately prioritised, and that any external dependencies (such as on the business or external suppliers) are documented and accepted by a named owner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day collaboration with the Business users, PMO, BAs, Senior Developers to ensure quality software deliverables
- Effectively apply and enforce project and reporting standards, and suggest improvements and efficiencies.
- Maintain project plans, risk & issue logs and budget tracking spreadsheets for projects
- Work proactively with the Business to acquire project requirements and changes.
- Liaise with the business to ensure suitable UAT is executed as well as pro-active defect management and analysis.
- Escalate any critical issues rapidly to ensure effective issue rectification.
- Ensure commercial and client satisfaction objectives are achieved.
- Set and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
- Maintain organisational awareness and structure.
- Identify resources needed for a programme and provide feedback to line managers both during and at the end of the assignment.
- Develop lasting relationships with Business managers, and users.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organisation and objectives and communicate this effectively to the Business Development function.
- Identify business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific programme.
- Participate in proposal efforts and pre-sales meetings as required.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Proven track record of managing multiple, fast paced projects.
- Understanding SDLC & STLC.
- Experience of working in the financial services industry.
- Strong customer stakeholder management experience.
- Business Analysis/requirements documenting experience
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Experience managing onshore and offshore project teams.
- Able to deliver waterfall style project plans (Gantt) and Sprint/Agile WBS
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Ability to track and forecast project budgets, and to identify any risks related to over-runs
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
Public contact will be minimal however the Project Manager should possess a good telephone manner as contact with customers or suppliers will be inevitable.
Maintaining a fit and healthy balanced lifestyle, so as to meet the ongoing daily demands of the job. Occasional heavy lifting may be required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours are split between three shift patterns: 07:00 - 16:00, 08:00 - 17:00 or 09:00 - 18:00, however the Project Manager will be expected to complete the hours necessary to achieve the expected company standards and performance. To this end the Project Manager will need to be flexible and prepared to work until the job is properly done.