Trial Balance is working with a leading firm of Chartered Accountants to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Tax Assistant to join a high performing and supportive team.
The role will primarily be to provide a high standard of support to the tax manager and the tax seniors, dealing mainly with individual and partnership clients in preparing their self-assessment tax returns and dealing with queries from clients.
Your specific duties in this role are likely to include:
* Preparation of self-assessment tax returns from information provided by clients.
* Preparation of e small income and expenditure accounts for rental properties to be reported in the tax returns.
* Review of tax computations and tax returns for client businesses and individuals as required.
* Dealing with telephone calls from clients and HMRC in respect of the tax department clients and dealing with correspondence arising from your tax work.
* Setting up new clients for self-assessment including meeting the money laundering compliance requirements.
* Preparing fee notes to send to clients in respect of work carried out.
* Attending external and internal training/update courses which are relevant to your work.
And the skills that my client is looking for in a potential employee will include:
* Ideally studying towards or recently having completed ATT
* A minimum of 18 months experience working in personal and business tax.
* Potential to do further studying towards CTA will be considered.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please apply immediately addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3710.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.