Senior Decision Science and Acquisition Manager (Credit Risk)
Senior Manager, Decision Science and Acquisition
Excellent Salary and Benefits
Location - MotoNovo Finance, Cardiff City Centre
MotoNovo Finance is one of the leading independent finance providers in the UK.
With over 40 years’ experience within an ever-changing and fast paced industry, we are dedicated to providing value-added Finance & Insurance products for customers looking to fund their next vehicle.
MotoNovo has recently embarked on a journey to diversify and expand its current highly successful operation into adjacent Finance & Insurance markets within the UK and Europe and as our business evolves and grows, having already established a consumer finance business in 2016, it is vital that we are equipped with the expertise and vision to drive us forward and take our business to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Credit the Decision Science and Acquisition Manager will play a leading role in defining the acquisition strategies across the various markets in which the Company operates in line with the business’ stated risk appetite, as well as optimizing portfolio performance by taking ownership and developing the decision models within the business. The candidate will be leading and developing a team of credit risk and analytical experts to build and deliver industry leading Credit Risk strategies.
We are seeking an individual with a proven-track record as a senior and effective manager, as well as extensive decision science experience. You will need to establish collaborative working relationships with a range of colleagues and stakeholders, and will ultimately be responsible for the day-to-day management of the business unit.
- Leading and motivating others and taking complete ownership for end to end project delivery.
- Communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues including management and have the ability to influence and manage a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership on all aspects of advanced statistical/technical developments and analytics.
- Lead scorecard development, maintenance and monitoring for all portfolios across the business.
- Ensure acquisition strategies and scorecards are in line with the approved credit risk appetite statement and target profile.
- Maintain and develop the analytical approaches to optimize credit risk capacity and appetite.
- Develop customer management decision strategies to optimize performance of the customer management team.
- Play a key role in scorecard implementation in conjunction with the Business Change and IT teams.
- Keep abreast of emerging regulatory issues that affect the industries in which the Company operates.
Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of MotoNovo Finance products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate. Ensure that TCF outcomes are adopted and good customer outcomes are achieved within the areas of responsibility.
Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory and legislative information related to MotoNovo Finance products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.) as advised by Line Management. Ensure all Money Laundering issues are reported appropriately.
Regularly review and evaluate management information to maximise the performance of the department. Ensure this information is provided and communicated in an appropriate and timely manner.
MotoNovo Finance is proudly recognised as an employer of choice, attaining the Gold Standard from Investors In People award and the 3 Star Best Companies Accreditation in 2016.
We have also been rated one of the best Mid-Sized Companies to Work For in the UK by The Sunday Times in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Everyone in our team can expect class-leading development and support, a competitive remuneration package and feel part of a real success story with exceptional benefits.
Have you got what it takes to become part of the winning team?