Personal Assistant Property Legal
Our client provides practical, high quality and commercially relevant legal advice to public, private and third sector organisations. Their experience includes working with clients across central and local government, NHS commissioning and provider organisations, housing associations and private sector companies.
We are delighted to be assisting our client with their vacancy for a Personal Assistant within their property team. Within this role you will be supporting the lawyers with all legal and administration
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Case progressing - including monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and chasing external parties (by telephone, e-mail, or letter) for responses. Flagging delays to the appropriate person;
- Reporting to external clients on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Assisting in resolving client queries;
- Dealing with ad hoc urgent progress reports;
- Being an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients;
- Arranging client meetings.
- Drafting and amendment of Legal documents. Including sale Contracts, Transfer deeds, Leases, Underleases, Statutory Declarations, Landlord's Warning Notices, Licences to Underlet, Notices of Underletting, Deeds of Surrender;
- Reviewing registers of title and title documents to obtain relevant information for drafting documents. Assisting the lawyers in investigating title matters via Land Registry;
- Reviewing Lease documents to extract relevant data for cases and/or client reports.
- Dealing with correspondence and queries received from third party Solicitors and or/clients, and supporting the lawyers in dealing with more complex queries;
- Legal research
- Assisting others in the department whenever there is spare capacity or it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their workload.
- Picking up telephone calls for other members of the department when they are away from their desk.
- Assisting other members of the department, both proactively and at the request of the Team Leader.
- Working effectively with other legal and support departments as required.
- Any other relevant duties as reasonably requested by the Lawyers or Team Leader, or a person of an appropriate seniority.
- Updating and maintaining guidance notes and file set up protocols
- Arranging meetings, booking conference rooms, refreshments, checking rooms prior to meetings etc. and liaising with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Arranging/carrying out photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc.
For this role, our client is looking for someone with:
- Ideally the LPC
- Excellent personal presentation
- Excellent attention to detail & good organisational skills
- Must be able to type to a proficient level and be computer literate.
- Effective communicator at all levels, both written and oral.
Employer Contribution Pension, Life Insurance , Group Income Protection, 25 days annual leave and other benefits
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Central Bristol, no car parking.
£18,000 – 20,000