Capita's Digital and Software Solutions division makes up the second largest software company in the UK. DSS provides software products to a wide variety of customers in the UK and beyond.A new and exciting project in the Financial Services market is in development and we are looking to appoint an experienced Product Manager with FS market experience and knowledge of Social Media systems.
The purpose of this role is to manage the lifetime commercial success of a new product, acting as the product champion and visionary within the company.
* Managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle (PLC) from conception to withdrawal to ensure maximum return on investment is achieved
* Being the "sector expert? within the business and understanding customer's current and future requirements and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors' products
* Playing a key, influential role in defining the product's strategy and in the business planning process
* Being the principle "knowledge" owner for the sector in question and show clear thought leadership within the market
* Interacting, with credibility, with customers and Capita staff to understand their needs and concerns and challenge the business with how to meet these requirements
* Providing leadership in sales opportunities including demonstrations
* Working with development teams to help them understand requirements, make priority calls and accept deliveries
* At least 5 years' experience in Financial Services software/market
* Strong commercial acumen
* Results oriented with the ability to set targets, and then deliver to deadlines
* Customer handling skills are critical while at the same time maintaining an ability to achieve commercial objectives
* Excellent self-organisation, self-motivation and time management skills
* Excellent analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent presentation skills
* Computer literate with an appreciation of computer systems and technology, particularly Social Media.
* 3-5 years' experience of working as a software Product Manager in a software company, managing products at all stages in the Product Lifecycle including new product development
* Positive 'can do' attitude.
* Strong mentor and team leader on projects
* Pro-active, energetic team player
* Solid customer facing and conflict resolution skills
* Solid personal organisation
* Good technical ability
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.