Garment Technologist - Men's Shirts
A brand who prides themselves on timeless style and good quality products are looking for a Garment Technologist to join their Men's shirting department. You will maintain and continually develop the products in line with the business strategic direction.
As a Garment Technologist, you will:
- Ensuring all products comply with legal and accepted industry standards, reviewing risk assessment and resolving issues prior to production
- Create development packs with relevant technical information as required
- Developing a close working relationship with Buying teams and Suppliers providing technical support, managing the production process in weekly critical path meetings
- Manage the end to end process from development through to production, working closely with relevant teams to deliver the end result
- Maintain departmental quality, fit, testing and grading standards
- Understand costing and change implications ion the overall price and margins
- Provide technical support to the warehouse team
The ideal candidate will:
- Have existing experience working with the Menswear Shirts category technologist within a similar role with a retailer or a supplier
- Comprehensive understanding of spec sheets, tech packs and fit comments. Strong understanding of quality control procedures including fabric composition, construction and product construction
- Comprehensive understanding of the manufacturing processes, including product construction, fabrics and finishing in relation to total lead times.
- Will be able to work unguided at times as well as under supervision
- Proven ability to work under time pressures and the ability to multi-task across projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to initiate and build strong relationships with internal teams and suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft programmes e.g. Word, Excel & Outlook.
This is an exciting retailer with beautiful offices in London. They operate a friendly working environment amongst a fun team! This is a great opportunity to work within a brand that has a strong presence within the market.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.