Vertical Cleaning Manager
Vertical Cleaning Manager
Reporting to the Head of Vertical Cleaning Services, the role of Vertical Cleaning Manager is a client facing position, with direct reports including Team Leaders, Window Cleaners and Abseilers. You will take responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of the vertical cleaning services, including windows, UPVC, facades, panelling and cladding, on accounts of varying sizes within Central London.
Salary: £30-£35k (dependent on experience)
Benefits: Monthly Travel card Zones 1-2, Pension, 28 days annual leave, and additional employee scheme and incentives (childcare vouchers, cycle to work, employee discounts, health club etc…)
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the scheduling of monthly vertical and specialist cleaning tasks
- Oversee the management and development of the Vertical Cleaning Team to ensure efficiencies, service standards and development possibilities are maximised - this will include overseeing the provision of in-house training and development
- Ensure site safety inspections and audits on service delivery and specialist cleaning standards are conducted and all non-compliances and non-conformities removed
- Acting as a Health and Safety ambassador, taking a proactive approach to Health and Safety Management including responsibility for all Health and Safety planning, including RAMS, COSHH, PPE and Health and Safety Plans
- Provide regular reports and attend planned meetings with client representatives to ensure service delivery satisfaction
- Mobilisation of new contracts, adhering to budgets and regularly reporting to stakeholders
- Identify any cost saving opportunities and service delivery innovations
- Accurate, timely timesheet submissions to HR/payroll
- Where necessary, to provide out of hours support to ensure service delivery standards are met
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a managerial role in either the window cleaning industry or the broader cleaning/soft services sector
- IOSH or similar qualification is preferred but not essential
- Must be able to work at height - this is essential!
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety, PPE and COSHH
- Confident challenging policies where improvement opportunities exist
- Confident decision maker and a quality driven leader of people, systems and service
- IT literate - good MS Office skills
This employer of choice provides professional facilities management and building support services in London and the South East, servicing some of the most prestigious clients and well known buildings in the City and West End. Amongst other services, they provide vertical, horizontal and specialist cleaning services as well as the manpower and expertise to cover porterage, laundry, waste management, post room and reception cover and been identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain!
The applications process: Applications in writing to our Embedded Recruitment Partner who works exclusively for this employer.