7 days left
- Full Time
Direct Appointments is working with a global business and who requires a number of Process Engineers to join its expanding team and to be based in Wolverhampton near Birmingham. Relocation support and paid assistance will also be provided.
As a Process Engineer with a degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, you will report to the Technical & Engineering Manager and you will ensure compliant and safe design of plant processes and equipment to drive continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities of the process engineer will include:
- Leading and participate in projects so they are successfully completed on time and on budget.
- Playing a lead role to identify improvement opportunities and PICA initiatives
- Implementing company and statutory requirements on HSE by liaison with regulatory bodies and by leading/contributing to HAZOP studies, Incident Investigation , SIL/LOPA studies and Safety Audits/Inspections
- Taking a leadership/active role in the process design and implementation of new projects and modifications ensuring that current engineering standards and relevant guidelines are adhered to.
- Preparing preliminary and detailed P and I drawings and equipment specifications, both for new projects and plant modifications
- Assisting in the commissioning of new plant and equipment assisting in the preparation of commissioning schedules, operating instructions and operator training
- Preparing and maintain records of design calculations, correspondence, flowsheets, technical data, equipment specifications and modifications
- Providing technical input into plant modifications and design
- Maintain a working knowledge of advances in Chemical Engineering processes by attending training courses, seminars and assimilating up to date technical literature
Key personal competencies of the process engineer will include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, with ability to lead teams when necessary
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate project members
- Lead process and procedure reviews and suggest improvements
- Understand and continually develop site systems
- Focus on delivery, on time, within budget, every time
- Positively influence continual improvements through design and input
- Prioritisation work to identify key tasks and ensure that this work is driven through to completion
- Positive attitude, with confidence in own abilities that generates respect from site personnel and external bodies
Other Specific Position Competencies:
- Understanding of basic plant operations and maintenance activities.
- Occasional travelling required to benchmark against other company sites and external companies
In return, you can expect a very £competitive salary, paid relocation assistance, superb career opportunities and personal advancement as the company is growing exponentially and possesses a work based culture that any employer in this chemical sector will be hard pressed to beat.
Due to a number of roles being required by our client - If a candidate is referred by an individual and is successfully appointed a fee of £250 will be paid to the person making the referral.
Direct Appointments Limited provides permanent, fixed term and interim recruitment services to a wide range of clients in a number of sectors. We source exceptional talent and deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right high performance people to the right career option. Each assignment is dealt with by a dedicated recruitment director who knows our client sectors extremely well and who will consistently deliver a shortlist, incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool from across the UK.