Senior Structural Engineer
Design Engineer / Structural Engineer required to work for my client who are a well-established, multi-award winning chartered architectural practise based in Plymouth. This Chartered Practise have been specialising in the educational, commercial, health care, residential, leisure, heritage and public sectors for years. The company have achieved a high work load due to expansion and on-going success with their clients. Due to this, the company are recruiting for a talented, well-experienced Design Engineer / Structural Engineer to join their RIBA & RICS certified team based in Plymouth.
The client does not currently offer a Structural Engineering service, however due to continuous growth they are now looking at starting up a new sector within the business. This role would definitely suit a candidate who is business / entrepreneurial minded and would be able to generate good ideas to help grow the Structural Engineering side of the business.
The most suitable Design Engineer / Structural Engineer will hold a degree in Structural or civil engineering. The Design Engineer / Structural Engineer will have great deal of experience managing and leading a team of Structural Engineers / Designers
Design Engineer Position Overview
- Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel
- Liaise with other designers and architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- Develop a Structural Engineering team
- Attend meetings with clients
Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree in Structural or Civil Engineer or similar
- Good understanding of Design
- Ability to manage a team
- Knowledge of CAD
- Live near the Plymouth area
Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Company benefits
- 28 days holiday
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy