Join the number 1 global insurance brand working for our AXA PPP healthcare business as a Finance Manager supporting AXA Global Protect Limited and develop your career with a world leader.
With a presence in 64 countries, and 160,000 employees serving the needs of 103 million customers, AXA is big. In fact, we’re the world’s number one insurance brand, and one of the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for. But we’re not too big to care for – or listen to - everyone who works with us. You see, we value your ideas and your experience. We want you to continue to develop and grow, and we’ll offer you all the learning, development and progression opportunities you need for your professional skills and career to flourish.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for all accounting, reporting and operational finance activity for AXA Global Protect Limited (AGP) and develop robust monitoring and planning information to support ongoing business understanding and financial control. This will involve;
- Operations and process management Develop and manage the processing of accounting transactions for AGP Ltd ensuring all financial records are up to date and in good order and that all appropriate financial controls and accounting reconciliations are prepared. Ensure effective performance of operational finance processes e.g. banking, bordereau and reconciliation activity particularly when new partners or distribution is established. Provide support to the business over key financial accountabilities such as credit control. Oversee the capital and solvency position of the business
- Financial Reporting and Management Information Deliver timely monthly financial reporting for AGP Ltd, including management accounts, balance sheet and cash flow reporting. Lead the review and understanding of monthly performance of AGP Ltd. Support the production of the finance aspects of AGP Ltd board reporting. Production of all statutory and regulatory returns, monitoring and ensuring all capital and solvency requirements are maintained. As a UK regulated intermediary, ensure all appropriate reporting is filed, liaising with internal experts for tax and compliance matters.
- Relationship Management and Support Lead the external audit process providing effective liaison with AXA audit partners and AXA group. Lead the provision of an accurate tax assessment of AGP through close relationships with Group Tax.
- Strategic Planning Lead the production of the AGP Ltd entity Strategic Plan, working closely with the AXA PPP, AXA France, AXA Group and other AXA entity finance teams to ensure a joined up approach, and clearly articulate any deviation from the AGP business case.
- Finance systems Oversee and initiate the development of finance systems to ensure they meet the needs of the business.
- Financial Compliance Work closely with the AGP Chief Risk Officer to ensure AGP financial processes are aligned with any UK or Group compliance requirements. Responsible for any periodic reporting to internal or external bodies.
What we can offer you
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
- 28 days holiday
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme
- Share Plan Scheme
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) preferred.
Skills and Experience: