Python / Full Stack Software Developer
Python / Full Stack Software Developer
Up To £70,000 DOE Plus Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Employee Benefit Options, 25 Days’ Annual Leave
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking for a Software Developer with at least 3 years of commercial experience, including a significant amount of Python based development. Joining our established London team, you will help us develop and improve client facing features, as well as optimise our research delivery systems and processes. We are continually evolving our technology, currently building a modern data processing architecture involving big data and machine learning technologies, as well deploying our services to the cloud to provide arbitrary or web scale capability.
In this role:
- Work with your development team to implement technical solutions to solve key business problems
- Use your experience to suggest alternatives or to evaluate options we have to build really effective, flexible and easy to maintain solutions
- Learn about current performance and reliability aspects of your product, proactively suggesting and implementing optimisations
- Ensure that engineering practices on your team are improving, such as effective use of a Definition of Done, improvements to automated testing and continuous delivery
- Help to improve coding standards and team knowledge via your expert input
- Across all Mintel development teams, provide input and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies, helping us to develop an effective basis for future developments. We’re expecting you to be opinionated about best practices for team effectiveness too
Primary Technologies Used:
- Languages: Python and Java
- Web backend framework: Django
- Web frontend technologies: React.js, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, SCSS, Selenium, webpack
- Databases: MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres
- Search technologies: Solr, ElasticSearch
- Servers: Mixture of our own hosted network and cloud services on AWS
During our interview process we’ll want to see that you have extensive experience using several of these technologies. As we work in such a dynamic industry we’ll want to see that you can pick up and work with new technologies quickly too.
Our next generation technology currently under development includes technologies such as Docker, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, CouchBase, Neo4j and scikit-learn.
- Advanced knowledge of several languages, frameworks, and/or data storage technologies.
- Experience with designing service based architectures
- Strong knowledge of unix based operating systems
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes
- Aptitude for identifying and solving problems, both technical and organisational
- Adept at discussing implementation details and technical capabilities with development colleagues as well as making these understood to colleagues outside the IT department
To apply for the role of Python / Full Stack Developer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Python Developer, Full Stack Software Developer, Software Developer, Applications Developer, Java Developer, Full Stack Developer, Software Programmer, Software Engineer, Python, Java, Django.