Metail allows users to try clothes online after entering three simple measurements. For shoppers, it increases their confidence to buy, as well as allowing them to experiment with new styles. For brands, it increases engagement and overall net sales. We’re finding new ways to use our understanding of the role of body shape in fashion to help design clothes better, make the supply chain more efficient, and help people find and buy clothes they’ll love and keep.
We’re looking for someone to join our Garment product engineering team to provide a dedicated focus to improve the quality of our 3D garment simulations. If you have experience in garment digitisation, Finite Element (FE) modelling, photography and image processing, then we’d love to hear from you.
You will report to and work closely with the Director of the Garments Crew to develop the quality of the output of our amazing garment modelling technology for our retail partners. Day-to-day, the role will require you to react to issues that arise unexpectedly whilst maintaining a positive and flexible outlook, all whilst being prepared to dig in and work alongside the Crew Director to develop and deliver our long term strategy.
Working within our team based in London, the role will see you interacting with different groups, including our software development team, our offshore digitisation team in Bangalore, our retail partners throughout the world, and working closely with other Metail crews based in London and Cambridge. You will be looking to further gain valuable skills and experience in the emerging fashion technology sector in a fun environment that encourages professional growth.
- You will be required to plan, implement and manage Metail’s garment digitisation activities
- Work with the line-of-business software development team to develop our tools, processes and approaches to garment digitisation and visualisation to deliver Metail’s strategy
- Act as product manager for the line-of-business tools associated with our garment digitisation
- Liaise between the users of these tools, team management and our internal software development team to continually develop the tools.
- As our principal garment digitisation specialist, you will be responsible for ongoing development of the techniques we use to generate 3d garment models to improve the garment visualisation quality for our end-users.
- You will oversee development of our Quality Control (QC) tool, as well as develop processes for our QC team
- You will be the in-company superviser of our offshore technical team, turning new processing techniques into training material and delivering to our offshore team
- Reporting progress, KPIs and other metrics to members of our management team.
What makes you Metail’s next Digitisation Manager?
- Experience working with Technical teams
- Knowledge of garment digitisation
- Experience managing offshore or outsourced supplier relationships
- Proven ability/experience developing and improving system processes
- Experience working in a varied role; domain over a variety of wide-ranging responsibilities/tasks
- A high level of empathy, patience and great communication skills
- Strategic planning within your area of concern
- Top-level sign-off on the development of tools, processes, systems
What will help?
- You enjoy solving problems, and thinking creatively about them
- Attention to detail, with the drive to continually develop new skills
- An interest in fashion
- Ability to be agile and flexible in an ever changing environment
- A desire to learn and understand our software, to become an expert user
What can Metail offer you?
- The chance to make a real difference in a fun startup environment.
- Competitive pay
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 8 days training per year and a generous budget.
- Sociable working environment.
- Annual travel card loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Great company culture with weekly cocktails and monthly company-wide drinks
- The chance to work alongside and learn from team members with a variety of different backgrounds including seasoned business professionals from the world of technology and fashion, PhDs, and bloggers.
A little bit more about Metail
The London Metail office is based in the heart of Silicon Roundabout, Aldgate East. Brick Lane, Spitafields Market and everything in between is within short walking distance. We’re a sociable team, often having lunch together or a Friday night cocktail. The London office plays host to the annual Christmas Party where Metail’s Christmas Bake Off has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now. Please note, deadline for applications is the 30th July 2017.