Group Internal Auditor
A FTSE listed Recruitment Consultancy is looking to grow their Internal Audit function with the addition of a Group Internal Auditor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a part qualified or newly qualified accountant to shift into industry with a market leading global business with offices spanning 28 countries and counting.
Travel, both internationally and around the UK to regional offices, is estimated to be no more than 25%.
The Group Internal Auditor role is located in central London.
Scope of the role:
Ensure that the annual audit plan is adhered to and that audits are carried out to acceptable Internal and External audit standards. To assess the effectiveness of the Group's policies, procedures and standards across all internal functions, including finance, HR, IT, operations and regulatory/compliance matters and to add value by acting as a facilitator in business risk management and making commercially viable recommendations to the audit committee to improve business processes and the internal control environment. To maintain an awareness of relevant internal and external developments, ensuring the operational audit plan is tailored to address these where possible.
- To work with management to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks of the Group are identified and analysed, on an annual basis
- To plan, organise and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan, scheduling and completion of required tasks
- To prepare accurate, fact based reports that present findings in a clear, concise manner
- To report to the Internal Audit Manager and Head of Internal Audit on the policies, programmes and activities of the department
- To coordinate coverage with the external auditors and ensure that each party is not only aware of the other's work but well briefed on areas of concern
- To make recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation
- To review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management
- To contribute to the complete and effective reporting to the Audit Committee
- To plan and review performance and develop staff throughout the year
- A recognised professional accounting qualification or nearing qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA)
- A good understanding of internal audit techniques, internal controls and controls based auditing
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of accounting developments, new auditing techniques and practices
- A commercial mindset, demonstrating the ability to understand the potential impact, i.e. risk vs reward, of any recommendations to improve the business processes and internal control environment
- Flexible approach with the ability to manage multiple projects within agreed timescales
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve objectives, team player approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Regrettably visa sponsorship is not available for this role, as such the succesful applicant will have the right to work in the UK.
If you would like to discuss this Group Internal Auditor role further, please apply to get the ball rolling!