Audit & Accounts Senior - Mid Kent
Fantastic 'career opportunity’ for an experienced and formally qualified audit and accounts senior to join this multi-site and prominent Kent based firm of accountants at their Sittingbourne office. The role will be split between audit and accounts, the exact split dependent upon the previous experience of the individual.
The individual will ideally be able to run both small and larger audits reporting to either the manager or partner as appropriate, as well as being competent to produce accounts for various forms of entities.
There will be responsibility for reviewing the work of junior staff on jobs, where appropriate, to ensure satisfactory completion of assignments. The individual should have experience of performing tax calculations for corporate clients. Knowledge of IRIS software and of preparing accounts in accordance with the charities SORP will also be beneficial but not essential. The ideal candidate will be hard working, motivated, driven and enjoy working in a team.
Day to day responsibilities will additionally include:
- deadline management on all assigned jobs.
- tailoring audit and accounts programmes to suit client business environment/risks and to obtain efficiencies.
- liaising with managers and partners where significant audit and accounting issues arise.
- assisting with mentoring and development of junior staff assigned.
- managing client relationships when performing work and being aware of business opportunities.
- client communication via telephone, email and letter.
- participation in professional development activities.
Some audit experience is essential.
Hours full time - 37.5 per week
There could be up to 5 weeks working away from home per annum.
For the right candidate there is significant development potential with progression to a manager role in the future which would include responsibility for job scheduling, staff training and management, job turnaround/efficiency and billing.
For further information or to express initial interest then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Robin from ReuMilla Walker.