Accountant - QBE/Part or Fully Qualified
Job Title: Accountant - QBE/Part or Fully Qualified
Hours: Monday - Friday Office hours
Benefits: 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, free onsite parking, ongoing training
We are delighted to be working with a national accountancy firm specialising in SMEs, who are currently seeking a part or fully qualified Accountant to join their Horsham branch.
This is an exciting new opportunity during a period of growth for the company, which will see the successful candidate work alongside a close knit team of 5 other accountants, and offers the opportunity to grow and develop within the role.
The core duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete compliance work to include, limited company accounts, full and management, partnership accounts and tax work, personal tax, corporate tax, CIS & payroll
- Producing working papers files, liaising with senior accounts staff and creating final documents.
- Prepare and check ledger balances and other monthly annual accounts
- Filing accounts and tax returns with HMRC and Companies House
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Any other duties consistent with the grade as directed
Key skills required:
- A good deal of experience within a multi-disciplinary accountancy practice
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of standard accountancy software for payroll, accounts, tax and VAT
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organised with an eye for detail
- A good team player with drive and determination
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.