A Quantity Surveyor is required by this progressive construction company who operate throughout the South East. Plans are already in place to expand their operations in the next few years.
Duties will include:
- Attend internal handover meeting on successful tenders
- Checking tender documentation, raising any irregularities or discrepancies
- Delegating the copying of drawings to Site Managers and Subcontractors by way of issue sheets or variation orders
- Dealing with correspondence and instructions
- Produce accurate valuations using Excel, including budgetary valuations and any projected costs
- Diarise payments due and work in conjunction with the Accounts Department to ensure invoices are raised and all outstanding payments are settled
- Deal with all costs associated with the project/s
- Ensure monthly reconciliations and forecasts are done for each project
- Produce monthly cash flow forecasts
- Ensure payment advice forms are given to the Accounts Department for Sub-Contractor payments once the valuations have been agreed
- Agreement of main contract and sub-contract Final Accounts
- Site visits, building and maintaining relationships with Site Managers
- Train and develop Assistant Surveyors and Technical Trainees
- Provide contractual correspondence to Sub-contractors, Consultants, etc.
- Preparation of claims documentation when necessary
- Cost plan preparation for use in 2-stage tenders / D&B, etc.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Higher National Certificate, a relevant degree or equivalent
- Possibly membership of IOB / RICS
- Previous surveying experience of at least 5 years
- Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations and H&S
- Management skills - programming, planning, compiling reports
- Good Microsoft office skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Articulate and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with an ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Driving license holder with own car
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.