Service Manager Seaham
RH - SMSCDSH - 0604
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000
Job Title - Service Manager
Area: Seaham, Durham
Skyex Resourcing are proud to be working on behalf of an exceptional national care provider that support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health needs, Autism, Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI) and neuro rehab. As a values-based organisation our client focus on enabling and maximising independence, so that the individuals they support are co-producers of their own goals and objectives. This focus on person led services has given our client an outstanding reputation Nationwide and it's an exciting time to join such an ambitious, visionary and caring organisation.
They are looking to appoint a Service Manager to join their well-established team, at their wonderful service in Seaham. This residential detached property caters for the needs of adults who have Autism and Learning Disabilities. The rooms are decorated to reflect the individuals needs and choices.
- Lead by example in the provision of high quality care by participating, observing, and sharing experience. Always model the client's values in everything you do. Closely monitoring care provision to support care team to provide all service users with the care and support outlined in their personal plan and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model to staff always. Lead and manage an empowered, engaged, motivated and highly effective care team encouraging them to make a difference to service users lives, whilst providing the highest quality care. Ensuring effective recruitment, induction, training, coaching and development of staff, and completing bi monthly supervisions and annual appraisals for all staff ensuring competencies are met and the client's values are maintained always.
- You will have responsibility for all managerial aspects of the home; with your top priority being to focus on ensuring the best standards of care are implemented, exceeding regulatory bodies expectations.
- To ensure the ratio of care staff to service users is determined by the assessed needs of the service users.
- To ensure the number and competency of staff is always sufficient to provide the necessary support for the service users in all aspects of their daily lives, as well as undertaking their administrative, domestic, and general organisational tasks.
- NVQ Level 4 or NVQ Level 5 or Equivalent
- Experience working with the Learning Disabilities and Autism Client group
- Proven record of accomplishment managing Residential or Supported Living services
- 3 year's experience working within a Social Care Management position
- Fully up to date with all current CQC policies and procedures
For more information please contact Ryan on or send an up to date CV
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application. If you haven't been contacted within this period, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.