Chef De Rang
Our established and highly reputable client is seeking a Chef de rang to join their friendly team.
Working hours rota- 9 shift week
Lunch 10am- 4.00pm Dinner 6.30pm- finish
Salary £17,500 gross including accommodation
Days off - Closed Monday (except Bank holidays) & Sunday night + 1 day off Holiday 28days including Bank Holidays worked.
Closed after New Year for 2 weeks in January
The Duties of the chef de rang are:
- Mise en Place (layout) of the Restaurant with the particular emphasis on checking the correct standard of linen, cutlery, glasses and flowers, etc…
- Polish tables and cutlery
- Iron napkins
- Prepare butter for service
- Liaise with kitchen about canape to be served
- Know the names of regular customers
- Highlight any special requests- celebrations, food allergies, pre drinks
- Ensure candle holders are clean with sufficient candles
- Flowers- fresh
- Glasses polished & checked
- Bar ready for service
- Olives ready, to correct recipe
- Know the cheeses being served
- Learn selection of ice cream & sorbets to be served.
- To assist the Manager in the efficient management of telephone reservations, in putting and co- ordinating Res Diary with an elegant and charming manner.
- To help the Manager to welcome guests in a warm and friendly way, generally ensure that we deliver an excellent experience.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency for this Vacancy.